All Results in Places of interest topics

showing 16-20 results of 75 [
]
On Sunday the 25th of November 1979, St Andrews was deconsecrated prior to the dedication of Trinity Church. Items of furniture which were of value to the congregation and of
The Springfield Memorial Hall was opened in 1954 with about 500 people in attendance for the formal opening by the then member of Parliament for Selwyn, Mr JK McAlpine.
South Terrace, now the main route through Darfield and the shopping centre, was originally named Railway Terrace South.
The Selwyn Library today is made up of four branches, each of which has its own history and heritage. A history written in 1986 provides a background to each.
Ross Street was named for G. A. E. Ross who bought ‘Waireka' in 1854.