All Results in Places of interest topics

showing 31-35 results of 75 [
]
The War Memorial in Prebbleton is a grey granite column surmounted by an urn, resting on a base of sandstone and concrete. It was designed and made by Mr Silvester.
It was 1857 that the first lessons were taught in Mr Slater's house in Marshes Road.(on the land now occupied by the Lavender Farm)
In 1865 a wooden Presbyterian church was built at Prebbleton on a section in Springs Road (between 695 and the cemetery). A year later a two-storyed house was built next
"Prebble Town" was established as a Methodist "preaching place" in 1862. It had a strong following and a Church was built in Springs Road (Alongside where the public hall is
Prebbleton By Margaret R. Prebble